current location :home>People
Hongyu Yu, currently serves as Professor and Dean of School Of Microelectronics and Deputy Director of Shenzhen Institute Of Wide Gap Semiconductors. He has set up for SUSTech-HKUST Joint School of Microelectronics and the third of generation semiconductor research institute in Shenzhen. On behalf of Southern University of Science and Technology, he set up the 5G Innovation Center of Medium and High Frequency Device Manufacturing Industry with Tsinghua University. In collaboration with University of Hong Kong, University of Macau and Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, he enrolled the first experimental class. Established shenzhen third-generation semiconductor key laboratory, Guangdong province GaN device engineering technology center, and served as director. He has been awarded with the "1000 Talents Program for Young Scholars", Peacock project Shenzhen, Pengcheng scholar, Fellow of IET, special government allowance, deputy editor of Science Bulletin(China's top comprehensive academic journal) and editor of Journal of Semicondictor.
He received his BSc, MSc, and PhD from Tsinghua University, University of Toronto, and National University of Singapore, respectively. He is a senior researcher in IMEC Belgium 2004 to 2008. From 2008 to 2011, he served as a assistant professor in the department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, NanYang Technological University, Singapore.
2004 Ph.D. Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore
2001 M.S. Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Toronto
1999 B.A. Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University
GaN power device and system integration
Multi-layer Ceramic Capacitor
Advanced CMOS process
New Ultra-high Density Memory
Professor Yu Hongyu has achieved a series of innovative work in integrated circuit technology and devices, including CMOS, new ultra-high density memory, GaN device and system integration (GaN HEMT). He published more than 370 papers (>160 journal papers + >170 conference papers) with a SCI H-index of 38；Written 4 book chapters, edited 2 books: “Hafnium: Chemical Characteristics, Production and Application” and “Gallium Nitride Power Devices”. Applied/authorized 20 US/European patents and more than 10 Chinese patents. As a PI, he has undertaken ~20 research/talent projects, with a total funding ~ 70 million RMB. He has built a 1,200-square-metre clean room in Southern University of Science and Technology, forming a full 6-inch CMOS lab which hardware will reach the top level in southern China.
Outstanding Scientific Research Award in South University of Science and Technology (2016)
B Leading Talent of Nanshan District, Shenzhen (2016)
Pengcheng scholar (2014)
Peacock Project ,Shenzhen (2013)
Shenzhen government special allowance (2012)
Fellow of IET (2012)
Senior Member of IEEE (2012)
State Specially Recruited Expert( Youth Talent Plan)(2011)
MRS-ICMAT Best Poster Award: Solar Cell (2011)
The Recruitment Program of Global Experts (Young Scholar Program), Organization Department of the CCCPC (2011)
Chen Zhenchuan Academic Exchange Award (2009)
Nanyang Assistant Professorship, NTU (2008)
Highlight paper in Symposium on VLSI Technology, (2007, Kyoto, Japan)
IEEE Electron Device Society (EDS) Graduate Fellowship (2004, USA)
President of NUS Scholarship(2002)
(1) H. Wang, N. Wang, L.L Jiang, X.P. Lin, H.Y. Zhao, H.Y. Yu*. A novel enhancement mode AlGaN/GaN high electron mobility transistor with split floating gates, Chinese Physics B, 2017, 26(4): 047305.
(2) B. Dong, J. Lin, N. Wang, L.L Jiang, Z.D. Liu, K. Cheng, H.Y. Yu*. Investigation of gate pulse induced interface trap behaviours and its relationship with threshold voltage instability in Algan/Gan-On-Si MIS-Hemts. International Conference on Advanced Electronic Science and Technology, 2016.
(3) B. Dong, J. Lin, N. Wang, L.L. Jiang, Z.D. Liu, X.Y. Hu, K. Cheng, H.Y. Yu*. Trap behaviours characterization of AlGaN/GaN high electron mobility transistors by room-temperature transient capacitance measurement. Aip Advances, 2016, 6(9): 450-1170.
(4) T.L. Duan, S.X. Zhang, L.L. Jiang, B. Tang, J. Yan, C. Zhao, H.L. Zhu, H.Y. Yu*. Overshoot stress on ultra-thin HfO2 high- layer and its impact on lifetime extraction. IEEE Electron Device Letters, 2015, 36(12): 1-1.
(5) L. Hong, Rusli, X.C. Wang, H.Y. Zheng, H. Wang, X.Y. Xu, H.Y. Yu*. Light trapping in hybrid nanopyramid and nanohole structure silicon solar cell beyond the Lambertian limit. Journal of Applied Physics, 2014, 116(7): 074310.
(6) W.J. Liu, X.A. Tran, Z. Fang, H.D. Xiong, H.Y. Yu*. A Self-Compliant One-Diode-One-Resistor Bipolar Resistive Random Access Memory for Low Power Application. IEEE Electron Device Letters, 2014, 35(2): 196-198.
(7) W.J. Liu, X.W. Sun, X.A. Tran, Z. Fang, Z.R. Wang, F. Wang, L. Wu, J.F. Zhang, J. Wei, H.L. Zhu, H.Y. Yu*. Observation of the Ambient Effect in BTI Characteristics of Back-Gated Single Layer Graphene Field Effect Transistors. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 2013, 60(8): 2682-2686.
(8) W.J. Liu, J. Wei, X.W. Sun, H.Y. Yu*. A Study on Graphene—Metal Contact. Crystals, 2013, 3(1):257-274.
(9) Z. Wang, H.Y. Yu*, X.A. Tran, Z. Fang, J.H. Wang, H.B. Su. Transport properties of HfO2−x based resistive-switching memories. Physical Review B Condensed Matter, 2012, 85(19): 2202-2208.
(10) H.Y. Yu*, Y. Sun, N. Singh, G.Q. Lo, D.L. Kwong. Perspective of flash memory realized on vertical Si nanowires. Microelectronics Reliability, 2012, 52(52): 651–661.
(1) H.Y. Yu. Hafnium: Chemical Characteristics, Production and Applications, Nova Science Publishers, 2014.
(2) H.Y. Yu*. Electrical properties of ultrathin hafnium-based high-K dielectrics and their applications insub-22 nm CMOS devices, Nova Science Publishers, 2014.
(3) J.S. Li, H.Y. Yu*. Enhancement of Si-based solar cell efficiency via nanostructure integration, Springer, 2011.
(4) H.Y. Yu*. Metal Gate Electrode and High-K Dielectrics for Sub-32 nm Bulk CMOS Technology: Integrating Lanthanum Oxide Capping Layer for Low Threshold-Voltage Devices Application, IN-TECH, 2010.